Monday, April 19, 2010

Refrigerator for Book Arts

During a visit home, my daughter commented that our refrigerator was full but there was nothing to eat. While she has never said it in so many words, she feels the same way about my closet—it is full but there is nothing to wear. Although when I last visited her in San Diego she told me that she really liked my jeans because they didn't look like "old lady" jeans, even though they are. I'll need to write to Not Your Daughter's Jeans and let them know that their approval rating just went up. She also suggested that I not buy any more books because I needed to buy more clothes. Book artists just don't think this way. Last week I bought five books and one pair of socks. But back to the refrigerator, there are things to eat, it's just that lots of things don't "count" like ground flaxseed, sourdough starter, or kale. Well, OK. Maybe the bottom shelf filled with gelatin plates for printmaking and the top shelf filled with sizing for paper making don't count either but the other shelves have things like eggs, cheese, and methylcellulose paste. Those should count, shouldn't they?

3 comments:

CB said...

Yes. Children have lived on substances like those for eons.

Trailers Rock! said...

I don't have much room to talk. Our 11 cubic foot fridge often contains two 5 gallon bottles of homebrew!

Michele said...

This paste is really more like a bit of slug slime and unlikely to be eaten but it would be good for the digestive system. I do think that "YES" paste might really be yummy.