Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Family Visits and Medical Backup

Ian and Lily drove up from San Diego for a visit (checking out CR & HSU, hospitals, beaches, and the Arcata scene). They couldn't believe how quiet it is up here; we do have the hummmm of the freeway nearby but they live by a very active military air base. I'm certain military jets don't have mufflers.


Ian is an EMT and Lily is an RN. It doesn't hurt to advertise a bit; I wonder if Arcata Recycling has seen this one? I was telling them about my tachycardia episode, listing all of the wonderful things I have given up: wine, caffeine, sugar. Lily says to add chocolate to that list. I don't know, maybe the episode wasn't really THAT bad.....

One of the reasons for their trip is to attend a Subaru event. This is the "trunk" of the Suburu which is a dual gasoline (the pipe coming up) and propane (tank is not on). For myself, I love the pink luggage. Lily, you are a real trooper. Under all of the luggage you'll find sleeping bags, a tent, and a load of campfire wood. Off to the Oregon Coast!

Bye! Have fun you two.


2 comments:

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

No, no, no! Not the chocolate! Anything but the chocolate!

The "kids" look like such wonderful characters. You must be so proud.

Lily said...

It was a great trip. Need to do it again soon, but I think maybe we should fly next time :)