Monday, September 7, 2009

Eureka Arts Alive!


Eureka Books &
North Redwoods Book Arts Guild
The weather was terrific and the energy generated by the Blues By the Bay event resulted in a great turnout of art enthusiasts from all over our region.  In the photo above, friends, Sidney and Mark, enter  the store.  The foot traffic was constant from 6 to 9 pm and I had a wonderful time visiting with friends, neighbors, and other book art enthusiasts.  Many thanks to Eureka Books for all of the hard work and enthusiasm.  They did a fabulous job promoting this event.

There were books of every type, some hung from above, some stretched out like accordions, and some so tiny that they fit into gel caps that were kept in pill bottles. 

A view from the mezzanine.  People really enjoyed interacting with the structures.  My earrings books were a great hit with requests for more.  Where to find the time?  I've never watched someone look at my work and turn around and buy it.  It was great fun.  I've asked my children to put photos of mom's art on their refrigerators.  My turn!
 


No comments: