Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Done With My ABC's

My book is finally completed. I still see places where I could do some more sewing, but I'm done. I am pleased and it feels good when you read it. It will be in the North Redwoods Book Arts Guild exhibition at Eureka Books during Arts Alive. The opening is Saturday, September 4, 6pm-9pm and will be on display throughout the month. (All photos by Ellen)
I also have one pair of book earrings. The casebound books include twenty pages of pithy quotes about books.
 
Another has wooden covers (redwood) with a leather spine, Japanese stab binding and my photography. It features Chumash Indian art from the Painted Cave Historic Park outside of Santa Barbara.
Finally, I have a canvas and fabric book with my photos of rural Nebraska. The canvas is painted with acrylics, photos printed on fabric, and all printed fabrics came from my mother-in-law's quilt stash. 
The clothes pin and key came from the 300 Mile Junk Jaunt in Central Nebraska.

1 comment:

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I am happy to have seen these in person--they are exquisite. They will be well-enjoyed at the show!